Carpet Cleaning That is Environmentally Friendly
For carpets to smell clean and fresh, they don’t require toxic and harmful chemicals. It is possible to effectively clean your carpet with inexpensive, common products. We have listed some environmentally-friendly options for cleaning your carpet – more about the author.
Even though it doesn’t remove the deep-seated dirt from the carpet, vacuuming is essential. You can prevent the buildup of dirt by vacuuming regularly. Use a wet vacuum for more efficient vacuuming.
One common problem carpet owners have is dealing with stains. Some stains can remain stubborn for a long time, so many carpet owners resort to using toxic or harsh cleaning chemicals. These chemicals are not the best option. You should consider using more sustainable solutions that can remove stubborn stains. These are just a few of the methods you could use to remove stain:
1. Combine vinegar and warm water to eliminate dirt and stains stuck in your carpet’s fibers.
2. For grass stains, use warm water mixed with alcohol.
3. Club soda can be used for stain removal. Place club soda onto the affected area. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes. You can apply salt to the stain and let it soak for several minutes. After that, rinse the area using a sponge and some vinegar/water. If stubborn spots persist, substitute club soda for hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.
4. To stain ink, mix lemon juice with tartar. After about one hour, rinse the area with water.
5. To absorb grease, sprinkle some cornstarch on grease-stains. Allow it to dry overnight before vacuuming up the following morning.
Freshening Your Carpets
Another problem that carpet owners need to address is bad odor. Everyone wants carpets that smell great after they have been cleaned. However, carpet cleaning can only take out part of dirt. That leaves carpets with a strong stench. You can maintain your carpet’s cleanliness without resorting to harsh chemical cleaners.
1. You can sprinkle a mixture 1 teaspoon each of vinegar, baking powder, and cornstarch all over your carpet. You can leave it for up to 24 hours, then vacuum the carpet. You will notice a new scent in your house after the solution has deodorized your carpet.
2. If steam cleaning is necessary, you can use hot water with vinegar instead of commercial products. You can clean your carpet with vinegar and it will eliminate dirt and stains. It also deodorizes it leaving it fresh.
3. You can remove the mold stains from your skin and their distinctive odor by spraying full strength vinegar every day for around a week on any affected areas.
Northern Beaches Carpet Cleaning
90 Mona Vale Rd, Warriewood NSW 2102
(02) 8311 0608